Call 24/7 for Legal Advice 386.277.1166
Applying for a Green Card or Visa? Increase Your Chance of Success with Williams Legal On Your Side.

Volusia County Visas & Citizenship Attorney

The most common visas that visitors to the United States hold are business visas. In addition to common work visas, some professions allow you extended stays in the U.S. for various express purposes. This often applies to doctors, entertainers, religious workers, and investors.

Whatever type of visa you seek, our DeLand immigration attorney can help you. Our firm has extensive experience handling immigration law matters for clients in Daytona Beach, DeLand, Palm Coast and throughout Florida.

If you need help with immigration, citizenship, or obtaining a visa in Florida, contact Williams Legal today

B-1 Business And B-2 Pleasure Visa

The B-1 business and B-2 pleasure visas may seem like an odd pair, but they are consolidated for the sake of simplicity. They are the two most common types of visas and are very similar.

When a visitor is approved for a B-1 or B-2 visa, the document is theoretically valid for 10 years. In truth, this means that the visitor could stay for 10 years as long as he or she passes the secondary entry, when an inspector issues a white I-94 card, which has varying lengths.

B-1 visas require the applicants to prove that they do not intend to abandon or sell their residence abroad and are visiting only temporarily. B-2 visas require applicants to prove that they do not plan to work and do not plan to abandon their residence abroad. There are 27 countries that participate in a Visa Waiver Program that nullifies the need for a visa, including the U.K., Spain, Germany, and Australia.

Religious Worker Visas

In order to obtain a religious worker visa, the religious organization must already exist in the U.S. and the applicant must already have a religious occupation.

J-1 And J-2 Exchange Visitors

Exchange visitors include professors, trainees, students and scholars participating in study programs, research or another kind of cultural enrichment. The participant in the exchange program holds a J-1 visa, while his or her spouse and children under 21 can hold a J-2 visa.

F-1 Student Visa Or M-1 Occupational Visa

The F-1 student visa is designed for full-time students who have been admitted to study at a college or university. M-1 occupational visas are designed for students of vocational schools offering programs such as mechanical, technical, culinary, or beautician training.

Visas For Entertainers, Performers & Athletes

Not just anyone can apply for the O and P visas for entertainers, performers, and athletes. Athletes must compete at an international level, scholars must have achieved a national prize of excellence, such as the Nobel Prize, or have strong letters of recommendation from internationally known colleagues within the field. In short, you have to be a very important person. The O-1 visa is awarded to those with extraordinary ability achievement (such as poet laureates and Nobel Prize winners), and the P visas are awarded to performers, artists, and athletes.

However, special consideration is given to performing artists participating in an exchange program with the P-2 visa, while P-3 visas are available for entertainers who are "culturally unique."

Our DeLand immigration lawyer can help you learn more about how to obtain the visa you need. Contact us online or call (386) 277-1166 to get started.

What Clients Have to Say

Our team here at Williams Legal, P.A. is very proud of the dedicated legal services we provide to our clients. We use our experience and knowledge to develop personalized legal strategies that are centered on our clients’ needs. Learn more about how we could help you by calling us anytime at (386) 277-1166.
  • “He demonstrated a very professional attitude and made us feel comfortable and confident that we selected the right Lawyer.”


  • “Thank you Douglas very much for the job you have find for mI will always recommend you to my friends and relatives.”


  • “Douglas Williams is a true professional.”


  • “I really liked the service I got, Thank you:)”


  • “Made going through the immigration process with my wife very smooth and helped answer any questions or concerns that we had.”


  • “Mr. Williams had a vast wealth of knowledge and was very courteous.”


  • “The best lawyer you will come across in town for immigration purposes.”


  • “Mr. And mrs. Williams are not just doing their jobs, they truly care about their clients and they go above and beyond for you.”


  • “Mr. Williams was extremely helpful and caring.”


  • “Doug is a great person and lawyer. He knows his stuff.”


  • “Douglas Scott Williams timely intervention really saved the day. Thank you Attorney Williams!”


Williams Legal Is Here to Help—24 Hours a Day. All Consultations Are Free.

We extend the option for all clients to either meet with us in-person or discuss their legal matters over the phone.
If you have a loved one behind bars, we also make jail calls.

Request an Appointment